Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week Two Reading Diary Continued: Housewives of the Bible Part II

The Story of SUSANNAH.


This was my favorite story of all, and I think that’s because it had a lot of drama and action wrapped up in this, “Housewives of the Bible” story line. Growing up, I don’t recall hearing this story, more than likely for good reason. 

Some of the key pieces from this story that I liked, or more so found interesting, are when it was expressed that people still have the same type of mindsets that some people have today. Because of their status, they were able to blatantly lie on the innocent Susannah. I think that it was ridiculous that she was going to be put to death based solely on their “word”, when even that wasn’t worth two quarters. 

I was glad to read when the LORD came through and sent Daniel to help Susannah out. That is just like today, when we find ourselves in sticky situations, we just have to call on the LORD to make a way for us.



Mary, Martha and Lazarus 


In this particular story, it was very clear the amount of power Jesus has and the clear evidence of his power towards those that believe in Him. Theses sisters lost a brother and could have easily blamed all of their pains on Jesus, which I'm sure that crossed their minds but instead, put their faith in him and their brother came back from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment