Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Introduction of THE Briana Cherie.

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Thank you so much for tuning in to your #WeeklyDoseofBRI! My name is Briana and I am a senior studying Public Relations with a minor in Psychology. I plan on becoming a public relations representative for a major hospital to tie in with my love for the healthcare field and helping others. 
Something exciting that happened during last semester was that I actually wasn't in Oklahoma. I spent the entire semester in Washington, D.C. serving as a congressional intern with the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. During my internship, I worked on Capitol Hill in a Senator's office. I had such an amazing time, and I miss it so much! If you'll look below, you can see one of the pictures taken of me while I was there! 

I enjoy cooking, I'm not sure there's anything that I would be scared to attempt to make. I've actually made an entire thanksgiving dinner on my own, with small assistance with the turkey from my mom. Pretty cool, huh?!

I love to travel, I'm actually trying to figure out where I want to go next!

I was born in Oklahoma, but I don't see myself staying here long term after graduation. 

My favorite verse is, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

I truly do live my life by this because I know that if you believe you can do something, no one or nothing can stop you. 






Some quick fun facts about Bri:

My favorite color is purple. (Always has been, and most likely, always will be)
I LOVE chocolate. I would prefer sweets over "real food" ( I get that from my daddy)
I'm in love with love. (The thought of true love, and God's love towards us)
I'm a leftie. (Lefties are the bestie)
I'm the only child. (I had really good close friends so I never felt left out)

Well in order to learn some more interesting things about me, you'll just have to keep tuning in throughout the semester to get your dose of BRI. 

After while, lovers! 

UPDATE TIME! 

Hey there ladies and gents, after reading through the comments left on my introduction, there were a few questions that were left for me to answer. Read below to see what interesting questions were brought my way!

What was your favorite part of working there (In D.C.)? 

My favorite part of working in D.C. would simply have to be that beautiful commute from my house, literally a block away from the National Smithsonian Zoo, in a cute family oriented neighborhood with a lot of restaurants. After getting off of the Metro (subway), it always felt as though I was in a completely different world. 
I accessed my office building via getting off on a metro stop called Union Station. The first time I saw Union Station, I was literally in awe. I constantly had to remind myself to take in the blessing I was given, because some may never see something like this.
Did you discover anything unique in DC?

There are so many things that come to mind with this question, but I would have to say that one of the most fascinating and unique things I was exposed to was all of the underground tunnels that connected the Capitol and the surrounding House and Senate buildings together. I really enjoyed seeing these things on a daily basis.

I cant' see myself staying in Oklahoma long-term. Would you rather and crazy city like NYC or something more sedate than that?

I visited NYC while up East and I would have to say that NYC is waaaay more hectic than D.C. is. I couldn't see myself living in the heart of NYC, but I could see myself living in a suburb of the city.

Photo taken by Vannia Josephs in Cannon House Office Building in Washington, D.C. 

22 comments:

  1. Hey Bri, my name is Ali! We have a lot in common with our job interests! I am a junior HES major, and about to declare a psychology minor. I want to go to grad school to be a PT, so maybe I’ll see you around at the hospital. I think it’s incredible that you got to experience everything you did in D.C. That sounds like an amazing opportunity. I love to bake (I have a sweet tooth as well), but somehow haven’t really gotten into cooking yet, so you may have to share some secrets with me to get me started! I hope to get to know you better throughout this class because you sound like great person to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bri! My name is Ashley and it's nice to meet you! First of all, I love your picture! It's really, really cute. I think it's neat how you want to combine your two interests in the future. I also think we will get along really well....we both love chocolate!! I'm slightly obsessed! I wish I had the ability to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal by myself! You're a rockstar! I hope you have a good second week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bri, my name is Austin! It's nice to meet you! First off, you and I both share the passion for traveling! I'm a pilot and I plan to fly all over the world! I love seeing new places and experiencing new things! I don't think we were meant to stay in one place our entire lives. There are just too many beautiful things out there to visit! Also, that is so cool you got to spend the semester in DC! I've never been there before, but I can't wait to visit in the future! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Bri, now I want to have a hashtag of my own just like that. But since I am at Twitter so much, it would have to a #DailyDose, not just weekly, ha ha. And I also love chocolate, purple is my favorite color, leftie, yep, but I never had the AMAZING opportunity to see Washington from the inside as you have. That is really fantastic, and maybe you will even want to do some Washington-themed stories for this class: there is a lot of drama in that city that has mythical and legendary dimensions for sure. I hope you will enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Frist of all I absolutely love the fact that you have a hashtag, that is awesome. Sounds like you had an incredible internship. I have never been to Washington DC, but I have always wanted to visit because it is such an amazing place with so much history! Lastly, I am a leftie too!! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Briana! It is actually so nice to meet you, and you just sound like so much fun! First of all, that is so fun that you got to be in D.C all last semester! I have never been up that way and have always wanted to go. I bet it was such a learning experience and hard to come back from! I also love cooking and try to come up with something new all the time! I just got a crock pot for Christmas and let's just say it was my favorite gift by a landslide! And I could keep going but Philippians 4:13 is flat out amazing and I am so happy that you try to live life by it. It is inspiring, and I as well try to live the best that I can! It is incredibly nice to meet you and I truly am excited to see what else you write!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Briana. First of all, what a wonderful picture. You are quite photogenic! I am so impressed by your achievement in life. It is just a wonderful thing that you worked at Washington D.C. I love cooking as well! Cooking is fun, I am glad you like cooking I bet your food is wonderful. I hope you can work in a health field because you love for others are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Briana! That is so cool that you love to cook! Props to you for cooking a whole Thanksgiving dinner by yourself-- that is a job well done! Also, congratulations on almost graduating! I am also a public relations major. That must have been amazing that you got to spend all of last semester in Washington D.C. I have some family that live in that area and it is a really cool place! It was nice to meet you and I look forward to reading some of your work for this class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Bri! You sound like and extremely fun person to hang out with! I love your upbeat personality already. That is crazy impressive interning in DC, I hope your career takes you everywhere you want to go!
    Also serious kudos to cooking a whole Thanksgiving dinner by yourself! I can hardly make myself a real meal, let alone other people haha. Hope you have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Working in Washington DC?? Thats awesome. Thats always been a city I've wanted to visit given all the history that is there obviously. I bet you learned so much from being there and thats cool and different that you got to do that during the semester. Like you, I am also a lefty, lefties are the best... and I also love chocolate. Where would ay of us be without chocolate?? I hate vanilla, which some people think I'm crazy for but oh well. I loved your intro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bri, It is nice to meet you! It is so impressive to have your internship in DC. It seems that you had too much fun there. It is so cool that you love to cook. I also love cooking a lot. I eat sweets very much and I love chocolate and hate vanilla. You and I both share the passion of traveling! I love to travel a lot and I wish I can visit many countries in my life. Hope you have a great semester

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing introduction! I hope you continue in your life successfully as you have been. My wife is also a leftie. Lefties are the besties for sure. It must have been a great experience to be Washington DC. I dont like sweets very much so my wife eats it all for me. And once again sorry for those removed comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Bri! Wow I would have been so overwhelmed trying to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal… That’s awesome that you can do that! I also love chocolate! I have a cup full of Hershey kisses sitting in my room at all times which is very dangerous… so I’m constantly eating some of those throughout the day! I’m an only child as well and had the same experience as you with having really close friends so I never felt lonely. I hope you have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you, Bri!

    That's really impressive to cook an entire Thanksgiving by yourself! I think that's one of my goals. I really enjoy cooking as well, and I've learned that living on your own really forces you to get creative, and I love it! What's your favorite dish to make/eat??

    I visited DC when I was about 11, and I loved it! We toured the Smithsonian, the Capitol, the Washington Monument... it was great. DC really is a beautiful city, and much less crazy than New York. I would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Briana! I really liked that you did an introduction of yourself in your Portfolio. My roommate is a Public Relations major and I have enjoyed hearing about that department from her! I think that your dream job sounds super cool, because I too love working in the healthcare field, as a Physical Therapist hopefully! Your semester in D.C. sounds like a really great opportunity because of all of the experience gained. I love cooking as well, although I have yet to do a whole Thanksgiving on my own! I have made a goal with myself to try and cook as many different types of dishes, so I applaud your efforts. I love to travel too! My family and I are going to Germany this summer and I am so excited! Chocolate is always the answer, no matter the problem. I hope that you have a great rest of the semester and I too look forward to exploring more of the U.S. outside of Oklahoma after graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Briana this was such a great Introduction, nice to meet you! I would love to spend some time in DC, I’m sure that as such an amazing experience. I also love cooking, I can’t say I am adventurous as you yet, but hopefully one day! I am an AD major, which is similar to PR here at OU, I am actually in intro to PR right now. Good luck on the rest of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun introduction! I really felt like I got the chance to know you by reading all about you! I also love to cook, but my favorite is when I have a lot of friends in the kitchen who can take the little jobs like chopping and stirring and I can focus on the pig picture of the meal by "managing" the kitchen! DC sounds like an amazing place to be for an entire semester!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bri! I think it's so funny that we've been in this class for 11 weeks now and this is the first time we are getting to know each other! I love the name of your blog and the hashtag. I think it's so cool that you know exactly what you would like to see yourself doing after you graduate. I am also a PR major, but I'm a junior, and I literally have no what I would like to use my degree for. Also how incredible that you spent a semester in D.C.! You seem very driven, and I just had this feeling when reading your intro that you're going to be super successful in life! Great to meet you! P.S. LOVE your outfit in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Bri! Wow--an internship in a Senator's office?! That sounds so exciting...I've been to D.C. a few times, but never long term. It's a really awesome city, and I completely agree with you about Union Station and how it's really just breathtaking. I really like chocolate and cooking too--and when I can find excuses to put chocolate into fancy recipes it makes me really excited. Do you have any favorite recipes, or do you like to try new stuff all the time? And I'm also a lefty! Although mostly that just means that I'm really clumsy because I'm always trying to use things meant for right-handed people with my left hand. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bri,
    I am surprised I am just now stumbling upon your blog! I really love the background and colors you chose; it all seems to fit nicely. I have never been to Washington D.C. but that internship there sounds pretty aweomse! I absolutely love cooking also, I cook almost everyday! I love experimenting with different foods and flavors to come up with something original and delicious! Good luck with the rest of the semester! :)

    ReplyDelete