Sunday, January 24, 2016

Learning challenges and H.E.A.R.T. Goals

Health/happiness. Empathy. Attention. Reading. Time. 


Which of these stick out to you the most, and why? Just from the word, which one (or three) interests you the most and for what reasons?


Which are most interesting to me, you ask? Well I actually have three that are important to me, the H.E.A of the heart. Happiness because it is imperative for a person to have a liking for themselves and to "see the happy" in each day. That is the most important and key piece, in my opinion. Self love can change the entire game. Self love leads to self respect, which leads to self confidence which then produces a peace within that no one can take away from you. 

Empathy
From my previous posts, you all know about my love for love and all aspects of it. Empathy is a major piece of the "love equation." In order to truly care and listen to the lives of others, you most first empathize with those people. Gain an understanding of them, the things that make them tick and truly listen to absorb their words and their body language. Pay attention to detail, which leads me to my next interest...

Attention
It literally pays to pay attention. Paying attention to detail and everything else in between is so beneficial and necessary in all aspects of life and can be intertwined with a great amount of things that are carried out during the day. 

What do the two remaining letters stand for in H.E.A.R.T., Bri? Well I'm glad you asked! The R stands for Reading and the T stands for time, and they are both areas I can improve in. Reading, I simply need to make time for reading more books that aren't related to a class I'm earning a grade in. Time management, well what college student do you know that doesn't have even the slightest issue with time? Exactly. 

This semester, however, we conquer that time monster or what ever else may be your current "monster."

"You reap what you sew. Plant a seed of positivity and see what you grow." - yours truly. 

                                  
                                    Quote by Steve Maraboli, picture from Pexels (CC0) image

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bri, I totally agree with you---I don't know any college student who doesn't struggle with time management! I know I can certainly work on time management myself. I also totally agree with you on the fact that I need to read more outside of my college classes. I am always amazed to find that reading new books will open my mind and give me a clearer outlook on the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete