Friday, April 29, 2016

Storytelling Week 14: "Just Kickin' It With Bri!"


Hello ladies and gents! Thanks so much for tuning in to this episode of "Just Kickin' It With Bri! I'm so excited to get this show started because we have some great guests joining us today. Just to give you a sneak peak: How will Princeton find a suitable mate, who is the father of Jennifer's baby, and what's up with the enrollment rate at your local university? Yes, I know that these topics are a tad bit scattered, but on this show... WE COVER IT ALL, HONEY! So sit back and enjoy the ride, 'cause it's bound to get crazy as we get down to the bottom of all of these stories!

First, let's welcome to the stage Princeton!

*audience applauds*

Bri: Hey Princeton! Thanks so much for coming out today! Ya know, when we heard your story, we knew that we had to help you out! So for the audience, could you give us a brief recap of what's been going on, so that they can be aware?

Princeton: Thanks for having me Bri. Yeah, I can tell y'all a little bit about what's been going here recently. So, for the past year, I've been trying to find that perfect person for me and my lifestyle. I started to realize that I was getting older, and it was about that time for me to settle down and start giving my parents some grand babies. They're getting older and they live in such a big house and they  could use some young company to keep them on their toes! Well anyways, throughout my whole life, I've never had an issue finding someone or a lot of "someones" to occupy my time and keep my attention. But I never took any of them seriously because I knew that I wasn't really looking for commitment.

Bri: Ok, so describe to me the type of ladies you're used to having around?

Princeton: Well usually, I'm not gonna lie, usually the girls I have around me really don't have a plan mapped out for their lives, they're just living day by day. They mainly just want to be around me because of who I am, but don't ever take the time to get to know me for me. They know I have money, that my family is damn near royalty, and they see that I'm attractive, but there's so much more than what meets the eye.

Bri: Ahhh, okay I see, I see. So it's mainly gold diggers that flock to you? So what type of woman are you looking for?

Princeton: Well, I'm looking for someone I can build with, have a family with, someone that actually cares about the me on the inside, and not the just materialistic things that I possess on the outside. I want someone that I can treat as my queen. Someone I know is on the same spiritual and mental playing field as I am. I want someone that can help make me better. Someone that I won't have to feel like I'm putting up a front around them, but that I am able to be unapologetically me.

Bri: Wow, that's beautiful. Isn't that beautiful, ladies and gentlemen?! *Audience goes wild* Well I'm pretty sure there are some people in the audience that wouldn't mind getting a shot, after hearing that heart felt piece. Well, I have a possible solution for you. The producers and I were discussing what we could suggest you do, and we thought that maybe you could have like a little group date. During that date, there will be something that is just a little bit off throughout the entire evening. Something that only you and the one lady that really cares about you would recognize. This way, you'll be able to weed out the real from the fake. How does that sound?

Princeton: Oh wow, yeah, that would be great! Doing something like that has never even crossed my mind! I think I'll use that. I'll get my mom to help me figure something out and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Bri: And there you have it folks! We'll be right back after this commercial break to get back to just kickin' it with Bri!

Author's Note: This story was based off of the story of the Princess and the Pea. I choice this story because I feel like it's a classic that would be fun to have a modern spin on it. Here is a recap of what happens in the original story: Basically, the prince wants a princess, but he keeps running into the wanna be princesses, who are probably just gold diggers that want him for his riches. So he goes home sad, back to mama's house, because he can't find the princess of his dreams. Then on a rainy night, the doorbell rings and there she is, a real princess, well at least she says she is. In order to spare her son from any further heart break, the queen sets up a plan to determine if she really is a princess or not. She puts a pea at the bottom of twenty mattresses, knowing that if she was a real princess, she would know that they were there.
That next morning, the queen asked the princess how she slept, and she responded “Oh, very badly!” said she. “I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It’s horrible!”
In my story, the prince is on the talk show discussing his woes and then the talk show host gives him  solution to his problem and he leaves the show satisfied with the suggestion he was given. Instead of putting a pea under a mattress, the prince will have a date night and weed out the good from the bad in that manner.

This story is part of the Andersen Fairy Tales unit. Story source: Fairy Tales and Stories by Hans Christian Andersen, translated by H. P. Paull (1872).

The photo was made with the WordSwag App.

No comments:

Post a Comment