Monday, April 11, 2016

Learning Challenges: Empathy is Important Week 11

Often times, we... well let me speak for myself...
Often times, I don't stop to think about what the reason may be behind why someone acts the way they act or do the things they do. There is always a reason behind something, always a trigger, even if it seems as if that's not the case. I've noticed the older I've gotten + the people I've encountered = equate to an expansion of my empathy towards people. I can see instances that I thought "Nothing could possibly be going on with them. Their life is perfect," only to find out that their parents were getting a divorce, or a family member was sick. Regardless of what that additional variable was to the equation, the experience served as a reminder of how important it is to really give people the benefit of the doubt and strive to be understanding. With the same breath I can use to assume the reason they're acting as they are, I could have used that same breath to breathe encouragement into their situation.
The most important part of living life is to actually grow and learn from the lessons we learn, and grow from the experiences we have. Knowing the difference and what role I play,  is what I pray for.


(Photo Found HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment