Friday, February 19, 2016

Thoughts About Comments, Week 5

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you.. yes YOU.

This post is dedicated to the comments that are posted on my blog posts. There are different types of comments that can be left on posts, and each type of comment leaves me with a different feeling. 

Some comments can contain critiquing information, in order to make my material better over all. Of course, when you release something, it is your baby so sometimes I feel a little defensive Then I realize that the majority of things said are meant to help me improve as a writer, so I am all for that. 

I've learned a lot of difference skills that I am trying to implement when I write. 

There is also another type of comment that can be left, this type of commenting is what I like to call "active commenting." When active commenting is being practiced, it is almost as though the person commenting is right there in the story with me. This type of commenting is my personal favorite because it allows me to see what stuck out to the reader and which pieces they took away with them.

Over time, as i've left comments, I like to give a combination of both types of comments. Although, the majority of the time, my comments end up being heavier on the "active commenting" side. 

All in all, this is a great opportunity to grow. To grow and be great...er. 

No comments:

Post a Comment