Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dear Diary, It's Week 3

Hello there, beauties!

Well, I'm sure you're excited to see what this weeks #ReadingDiary is about. As you may have picked up, a large portion of my posts are centered either around black stories or biblical stories, well this particular study will be surrounding a biblical story about John the Baptist, and Jesus and His followers. In my story, you can look forward to a bit of a twist, instead of telling a story, this post will be the first of my occasional, #InspirationalSONday posts. Enjoy!

Look below to see quotes from each story, or click on the titles to read the story in its entirety. These particular stories come from the second chapter according to the Gospel of Mark, KJV (1611).

John the Baptist and Jesus

 "There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost."

Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And Jesus said unto them, "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.

And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils. And all the city was gathered together at the door. And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him.

And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, "If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean."

And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, "I will; be thou clean." And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.

The Followers of Jesus

And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, "How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?"

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles."


                                       (Jesus Calls Levi)

No comments:

Post a Comment