Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Reading Diary: Week SIX

Hello there Diary, 

This week, I am reading stories from the African unit. Today I started reading in the Jamaican stories and these stories are a tad bit different than other stories, but in a good way. I like these stories because of the type of language that is used. The speak that is used in Jamaica comes to life in this unit. Each word has a different spelling, encouraging the reader to reader to read the stories with a newly adopted accent. I love it. I think it's interesting to get a sense, in some manner, of how others speak across the world. A character that stuck out to me was Anansi. Anansi is a character that is very manipulative in order to get his way and to get out of tight situations, especially in the story of The Gub-Gub Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment