Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Time is of the Essence...

I once learned a quote that is truly applicable to every facet of my life. A portion of the quote states, "Time is of the essence and not to be wasted, an irreplaceable element not to be taken for granted. A minute comes, a minutes goes, it waits for no man. Seize the day for those hours come no more..."

In complete honesty, I have noticed that I focus and prepare for a class that is rather difficult, and requires a great amount of time commitment that often flows into the early morning hours. This class has a rap for sometimes making students cry, have to retake the class, or fearful of missing the class due to a 20% grade reduction if more than 3 classes are missed. 

I know that that isn't far to the other courses that I'm in, although I have complete intentions of making good grades in those classes as well. 

This week is midterm week, and it is kind of humorous to me that i'm seeing so many more students on campus in areas I normally study in. This is their week they actually need to put forth some effort, while I've been on campus 4 days of the business week after dark since the semester started in January.

I also have to be honest with myself and admit the fact that I haven't been as committed to some of my other courses, including this one. For the remainder of the semester, its imperative that I do all of work for this class in order to get the grade I am seeking. One of my classes will be over this week, so that will take away a 5 hour class from my weekly agenda. 

I am excited to finish this semester off with a bang! 

I chose the shown motivational quote because after spending last semester in D.C., I was able to get a taste of what living in the real world, a world outside of my comfort zone, is like. I really did love it, and now that is a source of motivation to get my degree and continue pressing forward. To make my parents proud, make myself proud and to produce a foundation that will be beneficial for my future family. That's a beautiful thing. 

(Motivational quote was found here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment